Личен блог на Николай Цветков (okean)

понеделник, януари 22, 2007

Back to Sofia.... it was only friday late in the night that I had to take the bus back home. The cause -- due to my absent-mindedness as of late, I had left my pack of Cochlear Implant batteries back at home so that friday I found myself in a very awkward situation, and after scouring the entire apartment for the little shiny rayovac 750's, I packed up quickly and off I went. I knew I'd find new batteries in Sofia.

It's funny, but the university session has barely begun and I've already taken six out of the eight exams I have on my schedule. What with this new regulation for taking preliminary exams, everybody who gets good grades is free to pass the regular session exams. This is nice.

The day before, after a late night of drinking with Dimo and Ivo, Dimo gave me a tip to try hitting on the cute blonde receptionist in our student hostel. On the way back to my room, I went to the reception and quickly slipped her a handkerchief with my room number roughly scribbled on it. The girl must've been puzzled out :) I don't know what happened next, nor what her reaction will be, but she neither came to my room, nor did I see her afterwards. It'll be fun to see how this develops later on.

On my very first day in Sofia, I secured a early night cinema appointment with some of the Wired Sphere /old gamers workshop/ community members, next to the Odeon cinema. The cinema turned out inaccessible because everybody crammed inside (it was free entry) and we weren't able to get in at all. By a fluke, Teri (Tervel Nyagolov) had made an appointment at the same spot for his bglog.net blogosphere community members, and after a graceful invitation on his part, me, Fata and Razor went on to celebrate their blog's 2nd anniversary. Birthday cake, drinks, talks, lots of photos and a lively room full of interesting people. That was it. We sat, and we drank, and we talked, and then drank again, kept on talking, and kept on drinking, until midnight came. As we didn't like the idea of going to finish our drinking in the Cabaret disco, we went to our favorite hangout, The Thin Red Line (TRL) bar. Now, TRL is an underground pub, located next to Macedonia square, but you need an extra tip from someone before you know there's such a thing in the area. It's quite hard for a stranger to find this place by a chance, so it's more the better, because it keeps the place clean and cool for cool people and friends. There we sat until three past midnight, crammed in a couple more beers and finally went home. All in all, it was cool and fun.

Sunday saw my football team E.M.D."Simitli" scoring another loss from the forum of FC"CSKA".

On monday I secured my ISIC international student card. The procedure was quite straightforward and simple. I only had to go to the ISIC office, located at 35 Vassil Levski blvd., and presenting only my student ID, toghether with a photo of myself, the card was ready in less than three minutes. Total price -- 10BGN. Well worth it, because the ISIC card gives you access to more than 33 000 discounts worldwide, including air fares, lodgings, cinema tickets and so on.

I guess that's about it for now. More is on the way.